St Paddy’s day has come and gone! Which meant a lot green, drinking and booze. Yes, the last two mean the same thing thus proving my point on the amount of liquor people drank. What is St. Patty’s Day all about? It has to do with religion and drinking. Two things I’m interested in.
So get this, St Patty’s day is a celebration of the death of a guy named St Patrick. It also marks the commemoration of Christianity in Ireland. So on this day Catholics and Anglicans go to church. But get this, any Lenten restrictions pertaining to Food and drink are lifted! On this day! How great. Is our God. This is great for several things.
1. I gave up alcohol for Lent.
2. If you observe Lent you know we don’t eat meat on Fridays. Guess what day St Patrick’s Day falls on. You guessed it. WHOO! You is right. (OG Maco voice)
So what I’m about to tell you is my little drinking hack Not just for this day, but anytime you I feel that I’ll consume quite a bit of alcohol. Activated charcoal. When the Irish car bombs are done and you pretty much know the next morning is going to be shitty. And if you’re at least my age, [redacted], recovering from turning up can be an all day sloth fest.
I take some AC pills per the insructions and wash them down with spring water or coconut water. It makes my mornings less sucky and more functional. If you ever take AC please be mindful that it’s job is to absorb! So if you consume something of nutritional value then give it an hour before your take AC. Otherwise that nutritional content is moot!
5 tips to for an epic St. Paddy’s day
- Eat. I mean it. You can’t go out there without properly coating your stomach. Because no one wants to baby sit you once you’ve poured out the contents of your stomach into a toilet.
- Hydrate. I personally prefer to drink coconut water (instead of sports energy drinks); Before and after the turn up.
- Wear something green. Why would you not?
- Don’t drunk text. Unless if you’re shooting your shot. Then I’ll allow it.
- Have fun!
Shout out to all the designated drivers on this day. Ya’ll are the real MVPs.
P.S. – Could you do me a favor? Please share this blog with someone you care about.
P.S.S. – This might surprise you, but I’m not a medical expert. So please use your Googles to do your own research and consult with a health expert about your health. I ask mine A LOT of questions! Seriously.
P.S.S. – Feel free to leave a comment about how you feel about this post. Or email me if that makes you more comfortable.